Joshua Partida - Director
The Wind Ensemble is composed of the most musically and technically advanced students. Audition and overall performance history determine membership.
Requirements and Student Expectations
1. The Wind Ensemble performs at least three concerts and competes in the UIL Concert and Sight-reading Contest. Additional performances may include one or more festivals and occasional guest appearances.
2. Members of the Wind Ensemble are required to learn the All-State music and participate in All-Region tryouts. Members are also STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to aggressively participate in the private lesson program!
3. Sectionals will be held throughout the season and are mandatory. The Wind Ensemble may have full band rehearsals during the school week and some Saturdays. All student jobs and doctor/dentist appointments should be scheduled around these rehearsals. Any interference with these rehearsals will result in a grade of a zero for that rehearsal.
4. Students in the Wind Ensemble are expected to make this varsity organization the main priority in their co-curricular and extra-curricular participation. The Wind Ensemble takes precedence over other activities on AND off campus. Students are expected to manage their academic responsibilities and maintain a high GPA.
5. Members of the Wind Ensemble are required to participate in the Marching Band Program.